To celebrate the 15th anniversary of The Lion King on the West End, Fionn Hargreaves explain why we love the musical, and why you should too:
1) No one really understands the opening lyrics in the ‘Circle of Life’.
2) Although they pretend they do…
“Penguin llama, penguin and Obama”
3) It’s a thinly veiled adaptation of Hamlet…
4) … and no one realizes until it’s explained to them
5) There’s not a dry eye in the house when Mufasa dies
7) Cast members are always singing on public transport
Why are they never on the tube?
8) Lions get sexy and it isn’t that weird
9) Timon and Pumba made eating grubs cool
10) Hakuna Matata was the original YOLO
11) The stage show set and costumes
They actually look like animals.
12) Zazu’s taste in music
13) Elton John
Need we say any more?
14) Scar’s sass
15) And by the end we all wanted Lion cubs as pets
Let me take a selfie.
Lion King, we love you.
Featured Image Credit: The Lion King’s Taiwan staff